Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Well, fuck Rolling Stone, then.

Seriously, fuck them. I really don't have a lot more to say about it than that.

That's a lie. I have a lot more to say about it. For 17 years, I busted my ass to become nominally talented at playing guitar and writing new and original music and lyrics. I never made it huge, and that's not my beef. My beef is that I know I'm not alone. I know there are hundreds of thousands of musicians out there who have busted their asses to get where they are, some of them have actually made it. Some of them dreamed of one day being on the cover of the premier music magazine of the country. Instead of them, the honor goes to the (alleged) Boston bomber.

This would be like if Good Housekeeping did a cover article on the cleanliness of Ted Kaczynski's mountain cabin. It's outrageous, and intentionally so.

Over at Mediaite, Rolling Stone has defended this indefensible act as "routine journalism." And, in defense of their absolute stupidity, these days I agree with them. After all, Time Magazine gave the cover to Klebold and Harris (Columbine shooters), Ted Kaczynski, and Nidal Hassan. But at least when Time did it, they didn't take the sexiest pictures of the psychos to put up.

It's still shit journalism. It's still glorifying murderers. It's still inspiring more nutjobs. I'm not arguing for censorship. I'm arguing for decency. I'm arguing for the free market to utterly destroy Rolling Go Fuck Yourselves. Boycott those dipshits. I've been on a defacto boycott for years (seriously, who the fuck still reads Rolling Stone?) but now I'll actively boycott and dissuade people from buying and supporting these brain dead morons.

The last Stone I bought had the Fugees on the cover. Make last weeks your last. Not another penny for these fucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment