Sunday, October 14, 2012

Why anarcho-capitalism?

Recently, a friend asked me how exactly I went from law&order neocon to anarchist. "You've never been arrested, or even in trouble with the law. Why do you hate cops so much?" It's a good question, so I thought I'd share my answer here.

Simply put, this isn't about me. This is about the reality of the situation. This is about logic and reason. This is about true liberty. I was asked to define the limits of liberty once for an essay. My essay was one sentence long: my liberty ends where your liberty begins. As long as what I am doing doesn't harm anyone else, liberty dictates that I should be free to carry on.

I don't believe in utopia, and I scoff at man's feeble attempts to create it. As such, I see Marxism as the worst possible outcome for humanity. "To each according blah blah blah" falls apart as soon as you do the math; there are over seven billion people on this planet. How do you feed everyone? How do you get 7 billion people to share equally? Force. If your utopia requires force, your utopia has failed.

That's why I'm a capitalist. I never understood begrudging a man for having more than I did. Even when I was a struggling musician, I never hated the famous musicians who enjoyed success at a level I could only dream of. Instead, they inspired me. Even when I saw some shitty band like Nickelback make it huge, I didn't hate them for making it. I questioned their fans taste in music, but I didn't hold a grudge against Ramen-Head (I don't care enough to google his name) for being successful.

So why, then, do I hate cops? Because the police demand some things they lost and refused to re-earn: trust, respect, honor, and loyalty. In Montana last Tuesday, police threw a flash-bang grenade into a room with 2 sleeping children. A 12 year old girl received 2nd and 3rd degree burns as a result. The chief there has the balls to say that they did their homework. And of course, they'll be doing all their homework while they investigate themselves for gross incompetence. Anyone want to wager a bet as to what they'll find? I've got $20 on "they followed procedure and acted accordingly. Lets give these brave men some medals."

We don't have a police force for the police. "Internal Affairs" is a fucking joke. It's amazing that cops and the mafia have the same term for the guy who gets the guts to do the right thing. Rat. The Brotherhood is the biggest gang in the country. If they want your turf, they will fucking kill you and take it.

When shit hits the fan in this country, which it will real soon, don't expect to see any of the "some good cops" out there. They no longer exist. They've been eliminated by a corrupt system that only wants the most brutal, the most oppressive, the most power hungry men it can find. And these are the men who will crack your skull open like a fucking egg for breathing sideways. They're just waiting for the go ahead. Hell, some of them aren't even waiting.

They've drawn a thin blue line in the sand. They aren't on your side anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment